You’ll learn in this article, how to tell if someone follows you on Instagram? Instagram is one of the most engaging social media known for offering several features that help connect people. You can use the platform to share photos and videos, text messages, exciting filters, and especially to create stories.
Instagram has the “follow” feature that lets you follow someone in order to connect with their profile and get updates whenever they make new posts.
When someone follows you on Instagram, you usually receive a notification. However, there is no guarantee that they will remain your follower because Instagram does not notify you when someone stops following or removes you from their following list.
So, how can you be sure if someone became your follower last week is still following you? Let’s discuss how to tell if someone follows you on Instagram.
You May Also Like | How To Remove Phone Number From Instagram
How To Follow Someone On Instagram
It is relatively easy to follow someone than knowing if they follow you back on Instagram. If their profile is private, you get a follow request button.
They will become your following once they approve of you as their follower. And if it’s a public profile, you can tap the follow button.
Here’s how to do it.
- Launch the Instagram application on your phone or the web version.
- Tap the search icon at the bottom next to the home tab.
- In the search bar, enter the username of the person you wish to follow.
- Once you find their Instagram account, tap on it.
- Tap the “Follow” button on their profile.
How To Know If Someone Follows You Back On Instagram
There are three quick ways to know if someone follows you back on Instagram – Checking your follower list, visiting their profile to see if it has the option of removing them as your follower or checking your username on their followers’ list.
Method 1: Check Your Profile
On your profile, people who appear in your “Following” section are the one you follow, and “Followers” are the one who follows you back.
Below are the steps to know if someone follows you back:
- Log in to your Instagram account using the app or web version.
- Tap the profile icon at the bottom-right to open your profile page.
- Tap the “Followers” section.
- Here, you will see the list of your followers sorted randomly. Tap the search bar and enter the username you are looking for. Or you can use the sorting filter (Latest to oldest or vice versa) to find them.
If their account appears in the search results, they follow you. if not, they don’t follow you back.
Method 2: Visit Their Profile
This process involves navigating to their profile and seeing if they follow you back on Instagram. The easiest way to know is by noticing the remove button.
Below are the steps to do that:
- On your Instagram, locate the profile of the person you want to verify.
- On their profile page, tap the three-dot at the top.
- Out of many options, notice if you get the “Remove follower” option.
Method 3: Check Their Followers
- Launch Instagram, and navigate to the profile you want to check if they follow you back.
- Tap their “Following” section.
- On the search bar, enter your Instagram username.
- If your account appears, they follow you back on Instagram. But if you get a “no user found” message, they don’t follow you back.
How To Unfollow Someone On Instagram
Instagram is great to get in touch with the people you like. However, if you do not want to follow them any longer, you can unfollow them whenever you want to.
Steps to unfollow someone:
On your profile page, tap the “Following” tab. You will see here the list of the people you follow.
Now find the person using the search option or locate them manually. If their username appears, tap the “Following” button to unfollow them.