So, How to download Snapchat on a mac? Snapchat is known for its exciting filters and instant messaging features. It lets you share snaps, videos & text messages among your friends on the platform.
With over 331 million monthly active users worldwide, Snapchat is growing at a rapid pace, especially grabbing the attention of young audiences. You can use Snapchat both as an App and a web version to take funny and cool snaps!
Snapchat is available for free on Android and iOS devices. All you need to do is open the Google Play Store or Apple Store and get the latest version of the Snapchat app. Create an account using the given option and then start exploring on your own!
We know you are here to learn how to download Snapchat on a mac. Stay a bit longer as we are just moving on it!
You May Also Like | How To Tag Someone On Snapchat
How To Download Snapchat On Mac?
Unfortunately, Snapchat App is not available on Mac App Store. As mentioned above, Snapchat is free to access for Android and iPhone devices, but it may take some time to be available for Mac users.
Yet, we have found an alternative to this. Follow the guide below in order to use Snapchat on Mac.
Prerequisite: You need to have an account on Google Play Store.
- On your Mac device, open the System Preferences app.
- From the options, select Security & Privacy.
- Tap the “General” option, and check the option that says Allow Apps downloaded from the app store or identified developers.
- Now to proceed further, you must have an Android emulator that helps you create your device into a virtual Android device, allowing you to download apps that are specifically designed for Android users only.
- In short, you need to download Bluestacks or any other similar app.
- After installing Bluestacks, sign in to it using a Google account only.
- Search for the Snapchat app on the play store and hit the install button.
- Log in to your Snapchat account or you can create a new one.
- Done! So, this was the method to download and use Snapchat on Mac.
Is Snapchat Available For All Devices?
Snapchat is available for Android and iPhone devices. You can also use the Snapchat Web version on any device.
Using Snapchat Web, users can send snaps and text messages with friends or calling feature, all from their browser, whether it’s a phone or desktop.
However, the Snapchat app has not yet officially been released on Mac App Store. As per Apple, they had announced to do, but still, it has not.